Updated on June 30th, 2017
PLEASE READ AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND ALL THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING THE BATTLEFY SERVICES. THIS IS A BINDING CONTRACT.
1. Amendments and Changes
3. Copyrights and Trademarks
The information and materials provided on or through the Services, including any content, data, text, designs, graphics, images, photographs, illustrations, audio and video clips, logos, icons and links (collectively, the “Materials”) are owned exclusively by Battlefy or its licensors. The Services, including all Services software, databases, proprietary information, documentation, software, contents, computer codes, ideas, know-how and Materials (and all modifications and derivative works thereof and any intellectual property and other rights relating thereto or contained therein) including, without limitation, the selection, compilations, sequence and “look and feel” and arrangement of items, is owned and operated by Battlefy and will remain the exclusive property of Battlefy. You acknowledge that the Services are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws. You further acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Services or the Materials. You shall not challenge, contest or otherwise impair Battlefy’s ownership of the Services and the content therein.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on or in the Services (collectively the “Trademarks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of Battlefy and Battlefy’s advertisers, licensors, suppliers and others. The Trademarks owned by Go Hard Gaming, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not offered by Battlefy, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion with customers, or in any manner that disparages Go Hard Gaming. Nothing contained on or in the Services should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark without the express written permission of Go Hard Gaming, Go Hard Gaming’s licensors or suppliers, or the third party owner of any such Trademark. Misuse of any Trademarks is prohibited.
4. Limited License, Access and Accounts
4.2. Eligibility . You represent that you are an adult and have the legal capacity to enter a contract in the jurisdiction where you reside. If you are under the age of 18, your parent or legal guardian must create an Account, and consent to your use of the Services. IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 13, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE ANY OF THE SERVICES AND ARE PROHIBITED FROM SUBMITTING ANY PERSONAL DATA THROUGH THE SERVICES. BY ACCESSING, USING AND/OR SUBMITTING INFORMATION TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE NOT YOUNGER THAN AGE 13. We encourage parents and legal guardians to play an active role in their children’s online experiences at all time. If you have any concerns about your child’s personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.4. Account Security . Maintaining account security is very important. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account username and password. You agree to notify Go Hard Gaming immediately if you believe that your Account username and/or password have been compromised.
4.5. Rules Related to Go Hard Gaming Account Names . When you create an Account, you will have to create a username. Your username may be visible to other users. When you choose an Account name, or display name or otherwise create a label or image that can be seen by other users of the Services, including, without limitation, usernames (each a “User Identifier”), you must abide by the following guidelines as well as the rules of common decency. If Go Hard Gaming finds a User Identifier for any type of account, including, without limitation, an individual user account or a tournament organizer account, to be offensive or improper, or believes a User Identifier is or may be illegal, it may, in its sole and absolute discretion, refuse to grant you the User Identifier, change the User Identifier, remove the User Identifier, and/or suspend or terminate your Account. In particular, you may not use any User Identifier:
- Belonging to another individual or entity with the intent to impersonate that individual or entity, whether actual or
fictitious, including, without limitation,, impersonating any Go Hard Gaming agent or employee or any other Go Hard Gaming community user;
- That incorporates vulgar language or imagery or which is otherwise offensive, defamatory, libelous, obscene, hateful, or
racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- That is subject to the rights of any other person or entity without written authorization from that person or entity;
- That belongs to a popular culture figure, celebrity or media personality;
- That is, contains, or is substantially similar to a trademark or service mark, whether registered or not, or may otherwise
- Belonging to any religious figure or deity;
- Related to drugs, sex, alcohol, or criminal activity;
- Comprised of partial or complete sentences (e.g., “trollu4fun”);
- Comprised of gibberish (e.g., “fdsjmfidszx”);
- Uses any characters except for the following: numbers and letters, period (.), underscore (_), or dash (-) and space; or
- Is substantially similar to, or otherwise contains or duplicates any copyrighted work or component of a copyrighted work
(including, without limitation, comics, anime, movies or other video games, and any characters appearing in any of the foregoing).
You may not use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the name restrictions listed above, nor can you have a “first” and “last” name that, when combined, violate the above name restrictions.
- Violate any applicable law, regulation, or contract or use the Services or Materials for any unlawful purpose;
- Use the Services to run tournaments or competitions for games of chance or to conduct gambling;
- Offer cash prizes where it is prohibited by law;
- Make available through the Services any material or information that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or
other right of any party (including, without limitation, rights of privacy or publicity);
- Access the Services to participate in a tournament that violates any law where you reside or that you are subject to;
- Create, distribute or use any third party software, including, without limitation, “mods,” cheats, addons or hacks,
designed to change or manipulate tournaments;
- Misrepresent yourself in any way;
- Make any false, misleading, or inaccurate statements;
- Use language that is threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious, obscene, offensive,
profane, unlawful, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- Commit any actions considered to be unethical;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Battlefy;
- License, create derivative works from, any information, content obtained from the Services;
- Restrict or inhibit any other visitor or member from using the Services, including, without limitation, by means of
“hacking” or defacing any portion of the Services;
- Access or attempt to access parts of the Services for which you are not authorized by Go Hard Gaming, circumvent or attempt to
circumvent any security or password protection on or in the Services, access the Services by any means other than through the
interface that is provided and authorized by Go Hard Gaming;
- Modify any software for the Services in any manner or form, nor use modified versions of such software, including, without
limitation, for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Services;
- Use the Services to harm minors in any way;
- Engage in spamming or flooding;
- Transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs or
other items of a destructive nature;
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Services or
otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Services;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained on or in the Services;
- “Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Services;
- Stalk or otherwise harass another; or
- Harvest or collect information about Services visitors, users or Account holders without their express consent.
Go Hard Gaming reserves the right to permanently suspend or terminate your Account and your access to the Services, and/or disqualify you from receiving any prize(s) offered by the tournaments, if it suspects that you have violated any of the User Rules.
4.7 Interruption of Service. Go Hard Gaming cannot guarantee that your use of the Services will be uninterrupted. You agree not to hold Go Hard Gaming liable for any interruption of service of the Services.
5. Links to Other Websites
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF INTERNET WEBSITES AND RESOURCES NOT CONTROLLED BY GO HARD GAMING, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, DATA, ADVERTISING, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH SUCH WEBSITES AND RESOURCES, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE APPLICABLE TO SUCH SITES AND RESOURCES.
We operate official pages on social media platforms (including, without limitation, Facebook and Twitter) in relation to the Services (collectively, the “Social Media Pages”). You accept that the Social Media Pages may feature certain of your personally identifiable information (“Publicity Content”). You further acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for posts made by third parties on Social Media Pages. You hereby grant us an exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, sub-licensable, transferrable license to edit, distribute and exploit the Publicity Content in all media, including, without limitation, print, television and internet, which media may be used in more than one country. You hereby waive all “moral rights” in any Publicity Content featuring you and give to us all the consents that we need to exploit these items in any media without limitation so far as possible in perpetuity.
7. Fees and Payments
7.1. Fees and Payments . Some aspects of the Services require you to pay a fee. You may also purchase certain subscriptions to the Services and/or digital or physical products through the Services. You agree to pay all fees, payments and applicable taxes incurred by your Account that you use to access the Services. You acknowledge and agree that all information you provide with regards to a purchase, including, without limitation, credit card or other payment information, is accurate, current and complete. You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to use the payment method you provide to us or our payment processor, including, without limitation, any credit card you provide when completing a transaction. We reserve the right, with or without prior notice, to (i) discontinue or limit the available quantity of any product or aspect of the Services, (ii) honor, or impose conditions on the honoring of, any coupon, coupon code, promotional code or other similar promotions; and (iii) refuse to allow any user to purchase a product or deliver any product to a user. When you purchase products through the Services, you (a) agree to pay the price for such products set forth in the Services, all shipping and handling charges and all applicable taxes in connection with your purchase (the “Full Purchase Amount”) and (b) authorize Battlefy to charge your credit card or other payment method for the Full Purchase Amount. Unless otherwise noted, all currency references are in U.S. dollars. All fees and charges are payable in accordance with payment terms in effect at the time the fee or the charge becomes payable.
7.2. Return and Refund Policy . All sales on or through the Services are final. Except as provided herein, there are no refunds or returns for the purchase of a subscription to the Services. If you reside in the European Union and you purchase a product or service from Go Hard Gaming, you may have the right to withdraw from a purchase within fourteen calendar days, commencing on the day after the date of purchase (the “Cooling Off Period”). However, you lose your right of withdrawal if the performance of the services begins before the end of the Cooling Off Period. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH HEREIN WTH REGARD TO THE COOLING OFF PERIOD FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION, (I) ALL SALES THROUGH THE SITE AND GO HARD GAMING SERVICES ARE FINAL; AND (II) YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY APPLICABLE FEES AND OTHER CHARGES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART. YOU ARE FULLY LIABLE FOR ALL CHARGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT, INCLUDING ANY UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH HEREIN WITH REGARD TO THE COOLING OFF PERIOD FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION, WE DO NOT ISSUE ANY REFUNDS OR OFFER ANY EXCHANGES OF ANY PRODUCTS PURCHASED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE.
7.3. Changes to Services, Products and Pricing. Go Hard Gaming may, at any time, revise or change the pricing, availability, specifications, content, descriptions or features of the Services or any products sold through the Services. The inclusion of any products through the Services at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products will be available at any other time. Go Hard Gaming reserves the right to change prices for the Services or any products displayed on or in the Services, at any time, and to correct pricing errors that may inadvertently occur. All such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting of such new prices to the Services.
7.4. Order Acceptance/Confirmation . Once we receive your order, we may provide you with an email order confirmation. Any receipt of an order confirmation, however, does not signify Go Hard Gaming’s acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell; we are simply confirming that we received your order. Go Hard Gaming reserves the right at any time after receiving your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. If Go Hard Gaming cancels an order after you have already been billed, then Go Hard Gaming will refund the billed amount.
7.5. Shipment of Products . Title and risk of loss for any purchases of physical products pass to you upon our delivery to our carrier. We reserve the right to ship partial orders (at no additional cost to you), and the portion of any order that is partially shipped may be charged at the time of shipment. Unless as a result of events outside of our direct control, orders of physical products purchased by you through the Services will be delivered within the time period specified for the delivery method you have selected.
7.6. Consumers Only . Go Hard Gaming sells and ships products to end-user customers only. You may not purchase products on or in the Services for resale, and we reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if we suspect you are doing so.
8. Rules for Sweepstakes and Other Promotions.
9. Notice for Claims of Copyright Infringement.
If you are a copyright owner or agent thereof and believe that content posted on or in the Services by a Battlefy user infringes upon your copyright, please submit notice, pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512(c)) to our Copyright Agent with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- The URL of the location on our website containing the material that you claim is infringing;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or
the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the
copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.